MM2H Requirements for Visa Permit
To be eligible for the Visa Permit that allows participants a 5 year Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry, applicants are required to meet the following requirements at various stages of the application process
Before Approval – Financial requirements upon application
Applicants must meet the following financial requirements once their MM2H application has been successfully submitted.
|AGE||LIQUID ASSETS||MONTHLY INCOME|
After Approval – Fixed Deposit placement requirement
Successful applicants must meet the following financial Fixed Deposit placements according to their age. These Fixed Deposit placements are required upon receipt of the conditional approval letter from the Malaysian Immigration Department.
Criteria for participants aged above 35 years
- Open a fixed deposit of RM 1,000,000 in a Malaysian bank account.
- Participants can withdraw up to RM 500,000 after a period of one
- RM 500,000 must be maintained as a minimum balance from the second year onwards and throughout the participant’s stay in Malaysia under this Malaysia My Second Home program.
Additional Criteria for participants between 35-49
- Add RM50,000 per dependent to Fixed Deposit in the bank.
Other Post-approval Stage Requirements
After approval of the application, all applicants and their dependents (spouse and children) must submit a medical report. This medical report should be obtained from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
After approval of the application, all applicants and their dependents (spouse and children) must possess and be covered by a valid medical insurance policy which is applicable in Malaysia. This requirement is waived, i.e. not necessary, for applicants above 59 years of age.
Participants under Malaysia My Second Home Programme are not allowed to work/be employed while staying in Malaysia. In addition, they should not participate in activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country. However you can get permission to work part time if above 50 years old.
- Fixed Deposits accounts can only be opened in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) for successful applicants.
- The Ministry of Tourism must grant approval to a participant who wishes to withdraw from the Fixed Deposit.
- Should a participant of this programme wish to terminate their stay in Malaysia, they may withdraw their entire Fixed Deposit. However, the Ministry of Tourism must grant approval prior to withdrawal.